PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I did a bunch of jumping puzzles yesterday.

Note to self. Don't take the charr again. Just kidding! She's my mapper, so I kinda need to take her.

Also, interesting to note. Some jumping puzzles don't require jumping. The underwater asura teleporter for example, it is a puzzle, but it requires brains and no jumps or well-timed dodging of currents or underwater fire.
    I had to look up the solution to that one... was taking me forever and I got frustrated since it kept resetting.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I had to look up the solution too... text puzzles are not visual enough. But I thought it was interesting that it was there, so much variety in jumping puzzles...

There was another jumping puzzle that was all about timing your swim-throughs... Basically, even if you don't like jumping, and especially as you don't need to finish the puzzle... there's a monthly that is pretty well implemented. Well done ANet.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I just did the quick JP in Southsun by that camp. After it didn't progress my monthly standing in front of it, I did the entire thing. I guess some JPs just don't count. The wintersday JP counted, oddly enough.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    I just did the quick JP in Southsun by that camp. After it didn't progress my monthly standing in front of it, I did the entire thing. I guess some JPs just don't count. The wintersday JP counted, oddly enough.
    Are you sure? The Wintersday one is not supposed to count according to John King.

And completing the puzzle has nothing to do with getting credit. I did that floating rock one in the north part of Southsun from the point where you can bypass a lot of the puzzle and got the chest. No credit. I had to run back and stand in front of the first set of exploding rocks to get credit.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I've had to look up some solutions, too. I'm not about to do half of it all over just because I picked the wrong path.

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    Are you sure? The Wintersday one is not supposed to count according to John King.

And completing the puzzle has nothing to do with getting credit. I did that floating rock one in the north part of Southsun from the point where you can bypass a lot of the puzzle and got the chest. No credit. I had to run back and stand in front of the first set of exploding rocks to get credit.
    Yes, 100% sure. When I saw the monthly requirement, I popped in to the Wintersday puzzle to see if that worked. It gave me a "___ discovered" announcement and my monthly advanced to one. I didn't go anywhere near any other JPs until the 2nd, which was actually 3 days in to the monthly. That's when I covered the entire track of the Southsun JP with no credit awarded. I suppose if the Wintersday puzzle was a mistake, maybe they took away the next puzzle you encountered to even it out. I'm still at 1 puzzle discovered. I'm sure my JP never reverted to 0 though, because I have been watching the events progress.

Edit: I'll add I didn't remember the start of the puzzle immediately, so I covered every inch of the starting area, plus I fell twice. I never even tried the Wintersday puzzle when I got credit for it, it gave me credit the second I loaded in to the starting area.
    Last edited by Fluffball; 03-01-2013 at 13:25.

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Wintersday JP must be buggy one way or the other. I did it again today and got no credit in Monthly tab. Same as yesterday.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    could be a glitch, a lucky one at that
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Maybe it doesn't count because it's a special event? (but you're very good at that one anyway.)

It did for me.