PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsBlogger6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    The thing about skill being the most important thing to look for while may be true, is not feasible really. I mean, I hate pugging for that reason precisely. Because I have no real way of knowing if the other people suck or not.

With guildiees, I have a pretty good idea of who is good or at least how they play. I think one of the most important things is group-synergy really. If you know how the people you run with move and handle different situations, then you're like a well-oiled machine in dungeons.

For example, I know I can count on shawn cloaking and ressing me when I get downed, just like satomz's boyfriend portals me through places because I'm a clumsy buffoon. I know I can count on kokabel setting things on fire going "woooooooooooo" or Ella (a guildiee) aggroing everything and their mother =D

That sort of thing you know? just knowing your people.
    It's just one big ol' complicated machine that takes time to perfect. The biggest factors in PUG's are the team comp and player skill. You don't have the luxury of learning the finer workings of the party since you probably won't be running with them again.

I have run with PUG's that are skilled, and I have left runs because PUG's are unskilled and jacking my repair costs up.

My best runs are with my guildies, I know them, and they know me. For example, on Lupi stage 3 in Arah 3, when the bubble knockdown aoe goes off on me, instead of walking out of it, I blink onto Lupi and run away. Strafe (my fluffer guildie) knows that happens, and when I blink he dodges on me and heals me when I come out of it.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsBlogger6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    I'm still amused that one of the roles to this build is called a fluffer.
    Yeah, that started as an inside joke when we started working this build out. Someone was drunk and said "Oh hey, he's a fluffer cause he keeps us up". I have made it a goal of mine to have support changed to fluffer since then.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    For example, I know I can count on shawn cloaking and ressing me when I get downed, just like satomz's boyfriend portals me through places because I'm a clumsy buffoon. I know I can count on kokabel setting things on fire going "woooooooooooo" or Ella (a guildiee) aggroing everything and their mother =D
    What about me! Just kidding, you're still my bro /hug

But yeah, while synergy is a huge factor in smooth runs, group setups like the article does have the potential to make things smoother. I was once in a pug group of competent 3 warriors and 1 guardian with my elementalist, and the run was one of the smoothest that I remember.

But then one of the roughest runs I remember was another pug group with the same exact setup with 1 warrior and the guardian being incompetent and another warrior being a newbie (not familiar with game but willing to learn).
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Well I was gonna make a joke about your bear that is always sitting on people's faces, but I had already used shawn for the res thing D=

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I know I can count on kokabel setting things on fire going "woooooooooooo" or Ella (a guildiee) aggroing everything and their mother =D
    Hey! I object to that. I am more than a mere aoe-bot! I snare stuff into neat little clumps and also throw out emergency heals. I can also blind and interrupt! I DO ALL THE THINGS! Not very well, I admit...

This thread makes me wish even harder we could at least dual-spec and not have to run back to the trainer every time I want to play a different role within one character. Please ArenaNet.... pleeeeease. :(
    Dea Draconis • Friendship is Magic • Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    lol kokabel <3

there is no pleasing you people. =P

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    necro's are by far the most powerful scholars of them all, they can take down groups on their own where both the mesmer and the ele lacks survivability and durability.
    Being tankish is not the most critical in dungeons, especially if you're not even frontline.

Btw, did you manage to get Tixx done?

The thing about skill being the most important thing to look for while may be true, is not feasible really. I mean, I hate pugging for that reason precisely.
    And yet you keep inviting me in groups...?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Being tankish is not the most critical in dungeons, especially if you're not even frontline.

Btw, did you manage to get Tixx done?
    didn't bother anymore, ppl were more busy teaming up with friends and guildies then a random person, to them i am a random person.
    i even somewhat spammed the local chat to team up, not even one response, not even someone saying "shut it" or something, nothing. :(
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054