PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    10 Posts6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]

25/6 patch and the Necromancer

I've been a bit tired of GW2 lately but this patch injected some fun into it all again.

The patch finally makes the Necromancer a more competitive class in 1 or 2 vs 1 in WvWvW and it adds more build options. It helps in Dungeons and Fractals for all builds but a power/crit build with axe and death shroud is seriously boosted with some Dps due to really powerful crits. Death Shroud 1 hits for 4-6K if you build for it.

The new torment DS 5 is really nice. It punishes mobility around the rather slow Necro and builds on the condition pressure. Feel free to fear them and if possible place a spectral wall behind them to really amp the damage. The spectral wall now has a short duration so I view it as a trap and not protection. Great for Zerg warfare or defending a gap in WvWvW. It has a nice long fear. Joy is placing it behind then and then fear them through it.

DS 3 has a prolonged duration which makes it my favorite fear.

Durations have been increased a bit which ups the damage for condition builds. Cleansing them negates this of course so better for PvE.

The new Dhuumfire opens up for a power/condition hybrid 30/25. With some points in DS we could have a glasscannon apart from the usual DS/power. Dhuumfire on top of bleeding is painful...

Stability is easier to get now that you can get quicker lifeforce at the same time albeit at a reduced rate.

Projectile rates have been tweaked which always helps. I land the DS2 more consistently now and Dagger 4 works better.

Spectral armour in DS is nifty and is useful as a boost to the panic button users.

Corruption is nerfed quite a bit. Makes it unreliable for getting that fear from stability conversion and doesn't make much of a dent in Guardians, mesmers or elementalists umbrellas.

Under water fear the Necro! The DS 1 skill is insanely powerful and the fear is godly.

In summary good stuff. I feel a lot more powerful after feeling that I really had to earn my kills in WvWvW. Now it's more up to skill but we are still no thieves, mesmers, warriors or guardians. We might not be the obvious choice for speed run Dungeons or WvWvW roaming but at least we got better at it.

If they fix the downed state hp bug and tone down the uw death shroud I'm happy. Took quite a bit to get some love as a Necro so now I'll enjoy myself.

I managed to ambush a Zerg from behind while they were running into a keep (Longview) and it was beautiful! Fear pong between Spectral wall and Staff 5 followed by torment and I made a run through with plague up to the lords room. Bought our side a lot of time and me a lit of badges.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Just pointing out that in the following patch it stated that they fixed the downed state health. Haven't tested myself but that would be great.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    first the game is quite the walk in a park, now it's a breeze passing by.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Can't say I noticed a difference Methis but then again I was usually targeted by 10 people due to TC's numbers... That would be awesome!

Sorudo: Excuse me if I don't take you seriously since PVE already was a breeze except some Dungeon exp parts and really high level fractals and you don't do those according to your own posts? I do know what I'm doing but you were in an up-Hill Battle against some classes pre-patch in WvWvW.

The necromancers problem in high level fractals and dungeons are well known including the issue with bosses. A lot of the problem is not that we utterly suck but rather that others fill a slot much more effectively.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i die 5/6 times with any profession against a low level champion, i barely to never die against stronger foes with my necro.
    i can say that the "PVE is already a breeze" part is BS, get in to a situation where veterans seem easy to kill but are harder then most champions then try to call PvE a breeze overall.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Just because you have issues with other classes doesn't mean PvE isn't a "breeze"... just means you don't know how to play those classes well.

Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say? Of course certain encounters are easier depending on class/build/gear or your own skills with the class in question. In general I stand by my statement that open PVE is way easier than exp dungeons etc.

I too have fought oodles of veterans and found it easy due to the Necro being very good at AOE. Other situations like with ranged foes with stuns can be the reverse.

Try 1v1 with a half decent human played thief and tell me how it went. Nowadays the 1v1 is more fair even if the really good thieves or the like still are very nasty to face.

Saying everything is a walk in the park is just oversimplifying matters since the problems weren't apparent in open PVE.

I'm having a ton of fun with Spectral Wall and Torment right now. Spectral Wall now often finds its way on my skillbar, especially for dungeons.