PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 Posts6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    You'll maximise your traits by going in and out of shroud often. I use lifeblast for a while until around 60% life force then hit life drain and leave. Fear and hand are more situational but if I still have it I end with a no 2 to chill them before I go out of shroud. Life blast above 50 hits for a couple of thousand per hit depending on your gear and traits so it's one if your best direct damage options.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I for one like Blood is Power and 2 wells on my bar. But it's all situational.

If you do bring the targeted wells trait then I would suggest also using well of blood. That one can be a life saver if you're playing support.

(but in that case I would personally have gone for the trait that gives you 20% faster recharge on wells too.)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I need some advice... I'm confused as to what weapons would compliment my build choices best.

I like the idea of running minions outside of dungeons, and wells in dungeons. I'm going for the trait that allows me to place wells anywhere at the very least, plus anything that switches easily between minions and wells.

I like the staff, the axe, the scepter is ok... none of which gives me a good way to regen life though afaik and that is sometimes a problem. I didn't play dagger much but I could consider it for the life stealing. Death Shroud is pretty cool too. No idea about what offhand weapons I like better, they all seem ok to me.

I figure maybe there's some good synergy that I am unaware of. Killing is slow, regenerating life is slow, and minions don't live long.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Dagger/Dagger plus Staff might be fun and useful. Use the trait that gives healing from life transfer to get some use out of death shroud without speccing for it. Heals your minions together with the staff 2 skill.

Going deep in blood and death with some power seems feasible with the above weapons. I made a build just for fun:

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...7kGW70V7ow170m

I have tried it for a couple of hours in PVE. I added the well for your benefit but I ran it with more minions instead. The daggers are cool in combat. The life steal is subtle but additive with high toughness, minions and a deep health pool. Some condition removal either from killing stuff, dagger skill 4 or Consume conditions. Minions gets a fair deal of boosts as well which makes them annoying at least even if I still don't like them due to AI reasons.

Undead and Rabid Runes to offset weaknesses and aid in killing stuff.

I actually don't care that much about targetable wells. Easy enough to do driveby placement. With a deep health pool and working close with daggers to recover or start with staff it works quite well.

Another option is speccing power and precision and go for axe and war horn for damage and utility to kill stuff faster.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Thanks, I'll go an give dagger/dagger a real try... sounds like it might be a good idea given the problems I'm having.

Drive-by wells is fine in persistent areas, but I fear it's too risky for dungeon usage. I say that because I tried to run wells in a dungeon and it was bad. Mind you, we had many sub-80 chars there including my necro, so that could be part of the problem too.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Ground targeted wells are mostly useless when you're by yourself or in sPvP, but very useful in WvW during sieges and in dungeon instances when you're hurt and need to stay further away from the fight while your heal skill is recharging. Makes sense to trait to have them available, even if you don't equip the trait all the time.

Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Fair enough with the wells I but you need 20 pts in curses and that means daggers are less attractive. In that case Sceptre/dagger would be my choice and the call was for something else.

I was struggling to find a minionmaster build that could do both as Alaris wanted. I don't expect it to be superoptimized. The theory craft was that you wouldn't have as long healing phases leaving you mobile while boosting those minions out of dungeons. Blood seemed to offer a way do that on the expense of targeted wells which isn't always vital but that depends on the dungeon of course. Healing by life transfer is also something to do while hanging back and your group will thank you for it. A compromise within the compromise could be 10 in blood for the heal and 20 in curses to try to get both.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'm thinking it might be a better idea to spec for wells (dungeons), and accept that I'll be running a sub-par build in general PvE where it doesn't really matter as much.

It's not a big deal if my minions take a bit longer to kill in easy areas afterall.
    == Alaris & clone ==

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Update!

This is what I am thinking of running in dungeons, using staff + whatever. I put dagger+warhorn, but really, I can switch my offhand around without costs on this build, using whatever I feel like or fits the need. Something with more AoE's probably.

I'm not sure whether to go for 20% faster recharge staff, or unblockable bigger marks.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.0.20.20.30.0

Then, outside I'd switch to this (uses same trait points, so no respec fee). This one has a trait for warhorn, so I might for axe+warhorn or dagger+warhorn along with the staff.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.0.20.20.30.0

The minion build is not optimal, I do waste a major trait in curses that I don't need for minions... but it has quite a few traits that benefit minions regardless.

Comments appreciated.
    == Alaris & clone ==

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    My build above is now outdated given that I needed 20 in curses only for a trait that is now minor. So I reworked to this...

I was going for a build I can swap between minions or wells easily. Minions is general purpose. Wells is mainly for dungeons for group support/AoE's. These are the two builds, using the same traits. Weapons are fixed as I don't really like using other weapons, although I'll consider replacement for axe/focus if there's a better choice.

Minions:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQIQNAW...iGryGT9SEVDA-w

Wells:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQIQNAW...iGryGT9SEVDA-w
    == Alaris & clone ==