PC Gaming News

Hybrid View

What weapons do you use in Fractals?

I've only done them on my thief up to this point. She has a very well planned out approach, does a lot of damage, is rarely in trouble and feels like she supports the team really well. I took my warrior in to level 1 tonight, and I felt like I was constantly lacking appropriate skills to use.

My warrior is specced max in to power, and the rest split between CD and precision lines. I have most of the weapons available as exotics or rares and I prefer to be damage oriented... should I forget that mentality and buy a shield?

Maybe it's the slots skills I wasn't using properly, although I can't really see a good alternative to most of them. FGJ seems like a must have and the elite signet is the best elite as far as I can tell. I was also using the one that makes you invulnerable.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Sorry Alaris, I'm gonna have to agree with shawn here. This is the warrior sub, no one asked about guardian weapons. Don't post for the sake of posting =| I know you like your postcount high up and all, but this is pushing it.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I've done really, really well in Fractals with Hammer. But Hammer is my favorite weapon, so I may not be the best judge here.

When I'm needing damage (and I've done this in dungeons), I go Axe/Axe. For ranged, I alternate between Longbow and Rifle, depending on if I need AOE or DD.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

I have a rare hammer in the bank. That may be a good choice... damage as well as group support and I wouldn't feel so useless.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    My warrior is level 30, so take this with a grain of salt. But hammer is really wonderful, tons of CC which is generally useful in boss fights. That said, I have not done any fractals on her at all.

For low lvl fractals, pretty much anything will do. I've gone in plenty of times with axe/horn which I use when running around, and haven't bothered to switch out. I'd recommend bow for ranged though.

Obviously, it will also depend on the fractal.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    For low lvl fractals, pretty much anything will do. I've gone in plenty of times with axe/horn which I use when running around, and haven't bothered to switch out. I'd recommend bow for ranged though.

Obviously, it will also depend on the fractal.
    If I keep doing fractals on her I'll presumably hover around 20 or 25 and leave the harder stuff to my thief, so I would need something fairly optimal. I don't think horn is optimal for much but WvW, although I do really miss it in PvE.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    You may want to keep a horn on you, though. It comes in handy in the swamp fractal.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Karka Hatchling!