PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    I use Fine kit for most of the whites or blues I want to salvage. I was using disasembler 3BEK Kit when it was available, just because it had 250 uses. Will get more of these when they are available again.

Master of Black Lion for rares and exotics.

I got Journeyman's instead of Fine this past week for my standard (non-ecto-range) salvage and didn't see much difference in quality of materials. So it's back to Fine for me.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Depending on value, I will use BL salv or the 3rd best one (the one you don't need the mystic stone for). For any think I might get ectos out of I use BL salv.

Otherwise I just use basics and sell. I don't really salv for materials, though I probably should be.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    with the way it is now i use the journey salvage kit, the whole "chance to get bla bla" is not so great in my book and they pretty much go back to before they did the selection of what you salvage in GW1.
    I check the upgrades on the BLTC to decide. Some of them are worth quite a lot.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    I check the upgrades on the BLTC to decide. Some of them are worth quite a lot.
    that's not the point, i hate the "X% for Y" stuff, it's the biggest annoyance in the MMO world.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Most of the time I use basic kits. I'll save level 68+ rares, and when I get back to somewhere with a bank I'll use the Black Lion kits I have lying around. Not really because I care about the runes/sigils, but because I get the Black Lion kits from doing the personal story over and over (as I've mentioned elsewhere). If I do ever run out of those, level 68+ rares will be salvaged with a Master's kit.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    I am pretty sure "rare" means getting a higher tier material, e.g. Ori instead of Mithril
    I believe rare when salvaging refers to the runes attached. When gathering, it is upgrade components or rarer crafting mats, I believe.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    that's not the point, i hate the "X% for Y" stuff, it's the biggest annoyance in the MMO world.
    Ah. I misunderstood your point. I thought you were saying that you couldn't be bothered with them and just ignored them in regards to salvaging things.

Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I believe rare when salvaging refers to the runes attached. When gathering, it is upgrade components or rarer crafting mats, I believe.
    FYI, the rare refers to the material: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage_kit (check out the headings on the chart...chance to get rare materials).

If there is a rune or sigil or whatever on the item, then you will see it in the item description, and different kits have different chances of successfully recovering the upgrade.
    Last edited by BladeDVD; 14-01-2013 at 20:24.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    Most of the time I use basic kits. I'll save level 68+ rares, and when I get back to somewhere with a bank I'll use the Black Lion kits I have lying around.
    I do about the same, but I also carry a Journeyman's kit to salvage any item with a minor rune/sigil. I save them up and throw them in the Mystic Forge whenever I have four minor or major that aren't worth selling on the TP. I've gotten a few worthwhile majors and superiors that way.