Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT

Salvage kits - which to use?

There are lots of salvage kits, but which are the best suited for general salvaging?

I've already dismissed the Crude Salvage Kit and Basic Salvage Kit as useless (a pity, as we'd get the crude for karma).

But is there actually an effective benefit of using the Journeyman's Salvage Kit over the Fine Salvage Kit?
    The differences are 5 and 20 percent - for almost three times the price.

I'm using the Master's Salvage Kit for stuff that looks valuable enough, but what about regular junk (like things that aren't instantly bought for more than 30 copper on the TP).

Using the Journeyman would cost more than the item is worth, but could the salvage be worth it?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Right now, I am using the Fine Salvage kit for about everything "below 70 copper" (Whites & Salvage Items + some blues if I am in low level areas) and BLC-Kits for things in the "Ecto-Range" which I do not sell on the TP. The rest goes to the merchant.
    Last edited by Gorani; 11-01-2013 at 06:49.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I only use the crude salvage kits for silly stuff, and then black lion salvage kits for when I want to salvage rares into ectos.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I use the crude salvage kits for everything salvagable and whites, blues and greens go to the merchant, rares below 75 go to the TP and BLS kits for everything above lvl75 and rare.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Crude/Basic for salvaging whites and lv 80 blues that salvage into cloth or metal, master for salvaging rares for ectos, and black lion for salvaging exotics to retain those runes that are worth some pretty pennies at the TP.

Edit: Crude salvage kit is a must if you are trying to salvage lv 40 whites for cotton/coarse leather.
    Last edited by satomz; 12-01-2013 at 17:24.
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------

Achievements:
    Server

Gunnar's Hold
    Guild

[LLS] [OX] [GRIF]
    I use the Basic one. When Lionguard Lyns co-operates, I get the one with 250 charges. Rares/exotics, I'll use a masters for ectos, or a BLSK for runes/sigils. Mostly, though, everything above white gets sold to merchant or on TP.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    with the way it is now i use the journey salvage kit, the whole "chance to get bla bla" is not so great in my book and they pretty much go back to before they did the selection of what you salvage in GW1.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Ehmry Bay
    Guild

[Loot]
    I really don't see the point of Fine or Journeyman kits. Fine kits at least may be obtained for karma, but I still don't see their value. I use Crude or Basic if I want to pay extra for more charges, and salvage whites (and some blues) with those. I buy Master's for ecto, and use Black Lion only for retrieving upgrades.

Achievements:
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    I really don't see the point of Fine or Journeyman kits.
    Hm. I thought/think that with those I'd not get the rare(r) materials.
    Though I admit I'm not sure how much of those I really get. (I'm not sure what a "rare" material is, without looking it up...)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    Hm. I thought/think that with those I'd not get the rare(r) materials.
    Though I admit I'm not sure how much of those I really get. (I'm not sure what a "rare" material is, without looking it up...)
    I am pretty sure "rare" means getting a higher tier material, e.g. Ori instead of Mithril
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."