PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I for one welcome extra content for pve. As for the rewards. Well, I can always use more stuff I guess.

I am rather annoyed with the whole segregation of NA/EU servers idea though. I have friends that play on both continents...

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

On the plus side, they haven't said they can't do it yet (guesting across regions), so they're probably trying to get it to work.

Achievements:
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    On the plus side, they haven't said they can't do it yet (guesting across regions), so they're probably trying to get it to work.
    How do you figure that? Their "explanation" read more like "well, it's not possible. that is all." to me.

I would agree with Alaris regarding "GW2 being ahead of the competition" if there weren't so many little things that reek of "don't care much".
    Guesting being a prime example...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I would agree with Alaris regarding "GW2 being ahead of the competition" if there weren't so many little things that reek of "don't care much".
    Guesting being a prime example...
    Rephrase that to "GW2 is ahead of the competition despite many little things that they promised and didn't deliver. Guesting being a prime example.", and I will 100% agree.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Yeah, I personally wouldn't say they don't care. I also don't think that not delivering on some of them is a little thing. Guesting is a major screw up in my mind mainly because they more than implied it would be different. It doesn't affect me since I'm ok (or I guess used to) the whole multiple server thing but I think everyone is seeing effects on the community from it... and I believe most would agree the effects are not positive.

There are other things that I hope they change in order to give the game longevity. For now I trust that they will get most of these right in time.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    GW2 lets you guest on any 50% of servers. People are pissed.

WoW/SWTOR/etc have no guesting afaik. People don't complain.

ANet broke promises and hurt the community, yes. But I have yet to see a competitor offering better.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    When you promise people that they'll be able to play with whoever they want. And their catch phrase is "guesting will solve that" then it is a big deal that they broke their promise. WoW never made me such a promise and therefore I can't call gw2 superior because of it.

Edit: I do think gw2 is superior, but because of other things. Them screwing up guesting is near unforgivable just given how they marketed their own game.
    Last edited by Raye; 20-01-2013 at 20:45.

Achievements:
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Rephrase that to "GW2 is ahead of the competition despite many little things that they promised and didn't deliver. Guesting being a prime example.", and I will 100% agree.
    I could live with that phrasing.

GW2 lets you guest on any 50% of servers. People are pissed.

WoW/SWTOR/etc have no guesting afaik. People don't complain.
    The problem is, those are rather old games - GW2 is quite new. One would assume that a new game makes use of new technology, tries to stay on the edge of what is possible.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Elder Scrolls Online will have a "megashard" server technology. )...= ripping off wvw )...= true action rpg combat (mouselook and click to attack).
    Sounds like one to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    And their catch phrase is "guesting will solve that"
    There's game quality, and broken promises. Don't confuse the two together. Breaking promises is pretty bad though, I'll 100% agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    One would assume that a new game makes use of new technology, tries to stay on the edge of what is possible.
    Well, yes. But currently GW2 is cutting edge, and I have not felt that way about MMORPGs for a long time... they all felt various levels of clonish. SWTOR was the closest to get my cash after WoW, and WoW didn't manage to get much cash from me even.
    == Alaris & clone ==

But I have yet to see a competitor offering better.
    Seems rather odd that this ends up being the argument in favor more and more often.

BTW, people still complain in SWTOR about issues with servers there but the issues are different. Folks went in knowing that servers are split so no one complained about it... but they was significant rumbling that they should bring in paid server transfers.