GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

The Great WvW Rankings of January the 11th of the year 2013

Oh hey, ANet got these out on time. Kickin'! (Thanks for the PM, LostSpoon to let me know they were up there! :D )

ALL ABOARD THE KARMA TRAIN http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2vIoGp3R7ZI Chooo choooooo~

First things first, and I know 90% of y'all live on this server but........

GOODBYE, STORMBLUFF ISLE. ENJOY TIER 2

No but seriously, for the past 14 weeks you've been keeping tier 1 company and you've put up a hell of a fight, even when it was clear on Monday-ish you weren't going to survive til Friday you guys didn't roll over and die and kept us all on our toes, even holding stonemist for quite some time on various days. I hope you can get your strength back up in tier 2, I know that losing WM was a big hit on your server's morale. Rall and Toast will enjoy the new blood. Go get em, Toasters.

And welcome to Blackgate in Tier 1 yet again. You're playing fast and strong. Let's see how you do! Your fall from tier 1 last time wasn't as harsh as HoD's or ET's and you held your ground in mid-tier servers, slowly creeping up. Let's kick some butt and have some fun! :3

Speaking of War Machine, Kaineng's up another tier this week, after a whopping win of 548k vs GoM 36k vs HoD 26k. From what I'm reading, the lower tiers really don't like Kaineng's new transfers because the matches are so skewed in Kaineng's favor. I do have to wonder when ANet's going to put the stop of free transfers, because transferring over several hundred WvWers to a low server is prrrrrrobably not what was intended, these ranking's exist for a reason, it's not an e-peen waving contest, it's so that the three servers fighting each other are all roughly of the same ability but with room to improve and go up.

Le sigh.

And uh, the rest of the Americas is muddling along nicely in the middle. It seems tier 2 to 6 are pretty stable and a good show of how WvW should be working providing giant alliances don't dissolve and providing giant multi-hundred guilds don't arrive on your doorstep.

Over in Europe, Vizunah are still rocking it high on the top spot, while Seafarer's and their PRX import did have a brief stop at number 1, they've been thoroughly kicked back down to the 2nd spot. Nice work, french GWers!

Desolation have been ramping up their recruitment recently and while a pretty solid tier 2 server if they get the numbers and co-ordination we could be seeing them in tier 1 EU in the near future though they still have a way to go.

Aurora Glade are blue yet again in Tier 5 and they seem to have found a nice little home for themselves in that tier!

One thing I love about the Euro tiers is you can see (more or less) which whole *country* is out performing others. It's cool to see things as a sort of French vs German vs Spanish thing. Though otherwise, yep, Euro servers scare me. I'll be over here in my Euro-in-America-Server bubble going o_O at you guys.

Oh, and in useful WvW posts:

Mike Ferguson shared with us some useful facts about WvW siege. It's worth a lookseroo! https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1190009 In particular, dropping siege bundles so others can pick them up is indeed intended behaviour! So if you're doing the jump puzzles purely for badges, find a nice helpful person near by and offer to give them siege. They'll love you for it <3. Just double click it, then weapon swap to drop it. They can then pick it up, pocket it, and you will get inventory space!

On a personal note, I finished my WvW mapping this week, was waiting on 2 PoIs in EB since I'm never there. So yay! It took a while but I was in no rush, so huzzah. Now just need to finish PvE mapping. but effffffffffort <_<.

Well! Here we are. Let's do this thing. Let's play fair and have fun. As always, any WvW-y questions, feel free to ask me. While I'm not the font of all knowledge I do read things and can offer help. And if you're on JQ come say hi! Til next week, guys. I'll be out on the battlefield and watching the lulz on the o-fish-ul forums.

:: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

I'll be over here... weeping for my server ;___________________________;

Edit to add something useful to the conversation, you know, as opposed to just crying: I don't think we'll ever see the free transfers stop until we get guesting. My guess is that they just underestimated how tricky guesting was going to be to implement, but everyone was so firmly counting on guesting, ArenaNet included. You can see that from their decisions to make WvW as it is, and the free transfers are clearly screwing it all up like nobody's business because it was never supposed to work that way.

It does make me wonder though, how bad is the guesting-situation really, if the alternative wvw-screwing-up-transfers are still in there with no sign of them going away any time soon? I really wish they were more transparent with what is going on there, because I am almost completely sure that's what this is all about.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-01-2013 at 08:59.

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Yeah I'm 99% sure the transfer window is still open because guesting has turned out much harder to implement than they thought.

It's really not so bad when one or two people, or a small guild of 20 or so move. But when it's a several hundred, multi guild zerg of dominance, yeah that's not good.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Aurora Glade[EU]
    Guild

Lore School[GWen]
    Tier 5 is funny in Europe. JS vs AG vs AM 2 weeks ago, AG vs AM vs JS last week and now back to JS vs AG vs AM. The germans just cant beat us <_<

And most likely JS got some big transfers last week. They had big zergs on every map almost at any time :| No wonder they got around 40k points ahead while the difference between AG and AM was 1-2k

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Aha, good to see Desolation picking up the pace again. Once guesting is announced I will likely head back over there, since there is a very slight difference in latency between euro/na servers for me. It's really not noticeable most of the time, but sometimes those milliseconds can make all the difference between visiting the armour-repair npc and bounding away, scott-free. My connection isn't amazing so I gotta maximise how I can, heh.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    If I had any interest in participating in WvW, I'd pop in to /wave at some Islanders, since it seems that there are many of them on the forum. But I don't, so I won't, though I can /wave from here. /wave.

IoJ is slowly, slowly dying. Used to be T1, now headed every so gently towards T4.

Also, CD is on a rampage. They have massive zergs on every map. I don't know what happened to that server, maybe pure PvErs want in on the carnage. I just got out of a 2 hour 50vs50 for a friggen supply camp on CDBL (broke 2100 kills!) I wouldn't be shocked to see CD move up to T2 shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    IoJ is slowly, slowly dying. Used to be T1, now headed every so gently towards T4.

Also, CD is on a rampage. They have massive zergs on every map. I don't know what happened to that server, maybe pure PvErs want in on the carnage. I just got out of a 2 hour 50vs50 for a friggen supply camp on CDBL (broke 2100 kills!) I wouldn't be shocked to see CD move up to T2 shortly.
    Who is in first, second, and third right now for points? I assume CD is in first by a large amount and FA and IoJ are alternating second from each other.

CD has as many points as FA and IoJ combined. FA is second place by a couple thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    CD has as many points as FA and IoJ combined. FA is second place by a couple thousand.
    Lol wow. It has gotten to the point where it's a bit disheartening to fight their zergs. Especially late at night. There's always so many of them.