PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    Xunlai, you really can't see how these posts of yours can be construed as temper tantrums? Especially considering the build PvP build I suggested is a) running 30 in crits and b) a lot better than yours? I literally have no idea what you're arguing at this point.

Seriously, CALM DOWN.
    You simply cannot handle disagreement and every post has exemplified it thus far. Caps locks is cruise control for cool? As for your PvP build, good luck in PvE with it where you will need a method to stay alive which is either stealthing or running perma blind. So for what was asked I am pretty sure my build is way better, in fact I think it's simply out of your league. Still no dice man, sorry...

It's a PvP build, which is what this thread is about. If you want to run pistol whip in WvW, be my guest. I guess you could take supply camps with it if they're undefended.

Also the 15 in acrobatics is ther... oh nevermind, it's like arguing with sorudo.

Edit: Relevant to the thread, I was just screwing around with that backstab build in sPvP... unload surprisingly hits like a truck when you want to stay put on a point. With some quick trait changes on the fly, you can add 10% damage to the pistols and a chance for cripple depending on if you're in a group or on your own. Daggers on your own, pistols for skirting around the edges of a keep seige or something. I have done the pistols trait changes myself using various builds, and it's really not a hassle.

Then again I think glass cannons are more common in sPvP than WvW (meaning people are much more durable in WvW and I haven't had that kind of success using unload.) I generally stick to melee for better damage in WvW.
    Last edited by Fluffball; 24-01-2013 at 01:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    It's a PvP build, which is what this thread is about. If you want to run pistol whip in WvW, be my guest. I guess you could take supply camps with it if they're undefended.

Also the 15 in acrobatics is ther... oh nevermind, it's like arguing with sorudo.
    This is hilarious, I clearly specified that it was a PvE build from the start. This really is like arguing with Sorudo, amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Okay children, stop *****ing now, or I'll turn this car around.
    How come you get to argue with me on every thread about pistols by xunlai doesn't get to yell at me in this thread?

Also have you used dual pistols in sPvP shawn? I was downright shocked at how hard they hit tonight. I usually melee every class.

Totally off topic edit but it doesn't deserve a thread:

I just made an sPvP build with the idea of seeing just how effective they are. First place, baby, haha. Lock people down and unload (lock and unload?) Most people can't survive more than 2 unloads. Swap had increased vulnerability and increased stun duration, main set had force.
    http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...amxx9MamaqVsqm
    Last edited by Fluffball; 24-01-2013 at 01:40.

My edit is kind of out of order now that you posted. The damage isn't like a backstab, but it hits people so much more off balance (with that constant lockdown I put in the build.) It was shockingly effective. I really never considered unload a good skill until just now.

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

[Dii]
    Personally D/P is more my thing... http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...70z7kG270z8ofZ

For PvE crit damage is probably the way to go, but in PvP condi damage builds are my preference. D/P thieves make excellent skirmishers in WvW adept at dancing around the edges of fights picking people off, it is even possible to take on multiple players at a time if care is taken. Having ~20K health and blind on demand makes you immune to most spikes also...

^^

I'll second that build for WvW. It's the most popular and notorious type of thief you'll run in to. It's VERY annoying. I usually just leave if I find one unless I get lucky and hit it with a backstab or eviscerate within the first few seconds.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I've been kind of dealing with a bunch of RL crap... but I have been following this thread and keeping all the feedback in mind. I'm still tweaking my build and such. I've started to use the shortbow a lot more, specially in wvw, because it's plain more useful there (than pistols that is) I just need to suck less at the whole ground-targetting thing...