Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]

Flame and Frost : starting January 28th

The sky falls and the ground shakes in the lands of the north. Charr and norn refugees crawl from the wreckage of their homes in the Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau, struggling to find shelter in the south. The call goes out for volunteers to assist the victims in this time of need, when earth and sky seem to have become the enemy…

Flame and Frost: Prelude is the prologue to a multi-stage narrative that will bring big changes to Guild Wars 2 in the months to come.

Get the full article here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga.../january-2013/

Including tournament changes, new reward systems/revamped rewards, ascended gear, guesting and more.

I think I know a few people who are going to explode with glee at the idea of a Quaggan backpack!

Also... riding brooms? I... what?
    Last edited by kokabel; 22-01-2013 at 15:30.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Aurora Glade[EU]
    Guild

Lore School[GWen]
    Time to get more gems :|

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    You’ll earn these brand-new laurels as a reward for daily and monthly achievements!

Redeem these laurels for rewards like the new Ascended gear and Infusions!
    I wonder if this will mean that the Karma Jugs will not be available any more? (or you can trade them in for Laurels now)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    6 months registered100 Experience Points
    Server

Piken Square
    Looking forward to seeing the different Daily achievements, hopefully they're not too crazy that lower level guys have no chance in completing them...

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    @JChalmers:

Welcome!

A bit of theorycraft should answer your question (we don't have details yet, so this is the best we can do atm).

They said that we'll be able to pick which daily achievements we complete (if not initially, soon enough). Already, having a pick of 4 of 6 categories to complete makes it easier because you can pick the 4 easiest ones of the lot, or do them all and complete the daily when the first 4 are filled. So worst case scenario is that once we have the ability to pick, it won't be any harder than it already is.

This puts an upper limit to how hard the new achievements should be... If the new daily achievements are significantly harder than current ones, everyone will ignore them. So I expect that the new achievements will be at most as hard as current achievements, if not easier.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'm really looking forward to laurels, and the achievement tracker.

Earth and sky... if I had to guess, I'd say this could be two dragons. Dragons tend to be mono-themed, so unless this one is a two-headed dragon (also a possibility) I'm thinking a collaboration between Jormag and Primordus or something like that. Or two greater elementals...

It would be really cool to fight two huge bosses at the same time!!!
    Last edited by RD; 22-01-2013 at 16:50. Reason: RD Moved post; not a double-post
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    My guess is that this is, ultimately, leading up to a new dragon, as well. Which is exciting because it will be cool to see it roll out over time, to really feel like a part of it.

I hope it's not two at once, though. Unless they're fighting each other, maybe. But I don't want them to burn through all their content too quickly. If it's two dragons at once, we'd have taken out three out of five dragons in a year.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Noooo! It's the doom of Meatoberfest! DOOM, I tells ya! No more cows to wash and cheer up and herd and launch at the tower. They'll all be too busy fleeing the disaster. New heroes will never get the chance of experiencing the joys to be found in and around Butcher's Block.

My bet is on Jormag. A norn havroun just told me that the norn are expecting, or at least hoping for, the Pact and I to turn our attention to their problem next.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    6 months registered100 Experience Points
    Server

Piken Square
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    @JChalmers:

Welcome!

A bit of theorycraft should answer your question (we don't have details yet, so this is the best we can do atm).

They said that we'll be able to pick which daily achievements we complete (if not initially, soon enough). Already, having a pick of 4 of 6 categories to complete makes it easier because you can pick the 4 easiest ones of the lot, or do them all and complete the daily when the first 4 are filled. So worst case scenario is that once we have the ability to pick, it won't be any harder than it already is.

This puts an upper limit to how hard the new achievements should be... If the new daily achievements are significantly harder than current ones, everyone will ignore them. So I expect that the new achievements will be at most as hard as current achievements, if not easier.
    Cheers!

Aye that does sound like a better way of doing it, think it gives people that choice of either doing just 4 of the 6 or completing them all each day.

You've hit the nail on the head about the potential of achievements being too hard and just being ignored. At the moment I enjoy doing daily rewards because they're rather simple to do but as a lower level it gives me a good amount of XP and Karma each turn. Think if they're too hard and newer players look at them they're going to just palm them off to focus on everything else.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Baby quaggan backpacks, that's sort of what Koreena (the crafter over at Guru/Etsy) has been making. I wonder if she knows about this. She might have lots more people wanting her backpacks now.
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------