PC Gaming News
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    So did they remove the xp rewards from Heart Mails?
    I could've sworn I had a 500 something xp on one left, but it was gone the next day.
    A new heart didn't mail any either.

Yup. I logged with a different character that I hadn't used in a while and his old heart completion messages had no experience attached.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuro View Post
    So did they remove the xp rewards from Heart Mails?
    I could've sworn I had a 500 something xp on one left, but it was gone the next day.
    A new heart didn't mail any either.
    I don't know if they were removed retroactively. I went through all of my characters and picked up the XP "attachment" from any old heart mail I had.

I suspect that for later completions of hearts, the extra experience (as well as the newly added karma) is simply rewarded at the time of completion, rather than included in the mail.

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    This whole Flame and Frost thing is a conspiracy. Noone knows anything, the refugees are not talking and Heralds have nothing to say except some general stuff about things not going well for some people somewhere.
    And I got an email from Arcane Council to check it out. But there's not much going on...

I find it difficult to care about something I know nothing about :).

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosia View Post
    This whole Flame and Frost thing is a conspiracy. Noone knows anything, the refugees are not talking and Heralds have nothing to say except some general stuff about things not going well for some people somewhere.
    And I got an email from Arcane Council to check it out. But there's not much going on...

I find it difficult to care about something I know nothing about :).
    It's supposed to involve some discovery on the part of the player:

Thanks for the feedback on the Living Story portion of Flame and Frost: Prelude. Here’s some context on how it works:

• The Flame and Frost story content progresses over time. You will not see everything today, tomorrow, or even the next day.
    • Expect subtle changes at first. Maybe you’ll encounter some familiar characters. Perhaps you’ll be introduced to some new ones. You might see a new structure where there wasn’t one before.
    • The Living Story content is initially about the thrill of discovery. We’ll put some markers on your map, maybe send you a letter, or parcel out details through certain characters, but the rest is up to you.
    • As the weeks progress, you’ll notice bigger changes in the world. New events may appear. Plots will advance and characters will develop.

As always, we welcome your opinions. This is a new thing we’re trying so we appreciate your patience and input.
    (source)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    It's supposed to involve some discovery on the part of the player:

(source)
    Ahh, that changes things! So, we'll simply have to check out the area once in a while...

Talking about new structures... As ghosia pointed out to me yesterday, did anybody else notice the new structure they're building in LA? They even redirected the bridge for it...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    That's been there since a bit after karkaland.
    Oh well, that shows how often I'm in LA.... (which is virtually never, and if I go there, I'll be at the bank...)
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    It's supposed to involve some discovery on the part of the player.

(source)
    Thanks for the link.

I still think there's not enough in-game information to keep me interested. The charr I talk to don't know anything. The refugees don't talk, which makes no sense. The charr in Black Citadel told me not to talk to the refugee because... well, because. So my response? "OK, whatever, I'll go do something else."