PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkinu View Post
    Time to get more gems :|
    /sigh

I think I'll pass it all around this time.

A have to say, the title of the whole thing is pretty catchy.
    Last edited by Смерть; 22-01-2013 at 20:22.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by kokabel View Post
    Also... riding brooms? I... what?
    The witch costume from Halloween has a broom that can be ridden. Surely you've seen screenshots of this? (here's an example if you haven't)

My guess is that the gem store broom is simply going to be the same thing, except purchasable at any time without having to buy the whole rest of the costume.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I thought that too at first, I had seen those. Then I wondered if maybe it opened the doors for 'cosmetic mounts', which could be implemented as costumes, I suppose. Mixed feelings on that - if the mounts turned out to be really epic-looking and fitting, I might like them, but if it's just brooms and similar, meh!

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Quaggan backpacks! Quaggan backpacks! Quaggan backpacks! Quaggan backpacks! Quaggan backpacks!

eeeee! ^__________^

Wait, there was other stuff? Could have fooled me.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    one thing that bothers me is the following.
    Redeem these laurels for rewards like the new Ascended gear and Infusions!

the first thing i was thinking of is "yay, finally a way to get max armor", until i saw this.
    With 5 new Utility Infusions and 30 Ascended Amulets to choose from, there’s something for every style of player.

what a load of crap, i care little for things like that when i can't even get the armor or weapon i want.

again they think little of the poor and allot on the rich.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Per Dev Tracker, no dragons or new areas. Someone asked if this new story stuff was leading up to a new expansion we would have to buy to see the conclusion of the story and someone (Colin or Martin I think) said no.
    Quote Originally Posted by kokabel View Post
    I thought that too at first, I had seen those. Then I wondered if maybe it opened the doors for 'cosmetic mounts', which could be implemented as costumes, I suppose. Mixed feelings on that - if the mounts turned out to be really epic-looking and fitting, I might like them, but if it's just brooms and similar, meh!
    Also per Dev Tracker, this does not mean mounts.

I had forgotten about the riding broom with the witch outfit. If the riding broom doesn't require town clothes, I might have to get that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    Quaggan backpacks! Quaggan backpacks! Quaggan backpacks! Quaggan backpacks! Quaggan backpacks!

eeeee! ^__________^

Wait, there was other stuff? Could have fooled me.
    lol, yeah, that thing looks pretty cute. I think my daughter's going to love seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post

the first thing i was thinking of is "yay, finally a way to get max armor", until i saw this.
    With 5 new Utility Infusions and 30 Ascended Amulets to choose from, there’s something for every style of player.

what a load of crap, i care little for things like that when i can't even get the armor or weapon i want.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about. This is just the first step in offering more ways to get ascended items.

Maybe more info about it from Colin will answer some of you concerns:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ussion/1264112
    Good question! [note, someone asked about rings and other ascended gear]

Ascended rings will also be available for laurels as well. Back slot items will be made more widely available in the future and will likely tie into a different reward system.

(Please note, the ascended gear purchased for laurels will not have agony resistance built in, since that mechanic is currently unique to progression in the fractal dungeons. They are however statistically the same as any other ascended gear.)

We will also introduce an additional reward system (or systems) in the future to make these items more accessible to WvW players on top of the laurel system.

The remaining ascended item types will be introduced in future releases, and may or may not tie into the laurel system, TBD.

(Edited to add note about agony)
    Last edited by BladeDVD; 22-01-2013 at 21:30.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post

But there are no Ascended armour or weapon to get from anywhere (yet). So no amount of money gets you Ascended weapons or armour.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Devs: We're introducing a way to get maxed items via dailies.
    Sorudo: Pfft elitism.
    Me: Yeah, I give up.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    @ sorudo

Like exotic armor in the game, you buy the armor, and then you buy the upgrades to customize them how you like. In this case it only costs laurels, no gold.

Fractals currently randomly reward you ascended rings from doing them. They also have a backpack you can craft outside of them from the vendor or mystic forge. These amulets will be the next ascended gear introduced in the game, not requiring one to do fractals -- nice way to get protection to get into fractals if one has not already or wants some to get into groups better.
    Last edited by Смерть; 22-01-2013 at 21:31.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    @ sorudo

Like exotic armor in the game, you buy the armor, and then you buy the upgrades to customize them how you like. In this case it only costs laurels, no gold.

Fractals currently randomly reward you ascended rings from doing them. They also have a backpack you can craft outside of them from the vendor or mystic forge. These amulets will be the next ascended gear introduced in the game, not requiring one to do fractals -- nice way to get protection to get into fractals if one has not already or wants some to get into groups better.
    Oh, so you will be able to get an amulet with up to 5 agony resistance while waiting for your agony infused ring (with up to 10 AR) to drop? That does sound better.

Re: Laurels...I think we don't know what the exact exchange rate is going to be yet do we? Might still end up being a pain. 30 dailies + the monthly will get you 40 laurels a month as far as I know. (Starts with February in case anyone missed that on the first reading like I did.)