PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    This just in: the quaggan backpack will be able to be bought directly, rather than being trapped in one of those godforsaken RNG chests.
    That's really nice to hear.

To be honest, I'm not very interested in the back pack, but I definitely prefer to be able to buy things directly than with some horrid chest with low odds.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    That's really nice to hear.

To be honest, I'm not very interested in the back pack, but I definitely prefer to be able to buy things directly than with some horrid chest with low odds.
    I want to see how it looks first, but I think I might get one for my asuran necro....
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    6 months registered100 Experience Points
    Server

Piken Square
    Think one of the things some people are missing is that this is a prelude.

It'll be introducing a few new things but I have a feeling "bigger" content won't be featuring until the full blown Flame and Frost event kicks in.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by JChalmers View Post
    Think one of the things some people are missing is that this is a prelude.

It'll be introducing a few new things but I have a feeling "bigger" content won't be featuring until the full blown Flame and Frost event kicks in.
    Exactly like how Halloween and the Karka events were started. At least, that's how I hope it'll work. Small changes, where you wonder: was that here before?
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    I hope they are able to implement as much infrastructure propping up as they can before rolling out the new content in all its glory.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    I hope they will learn that they simply can't go for more than a week between server resets given the current quality (or lack thereof) of the code. By the time a week passes, many events have ground to a halt. By the time two weeks have passed (about where we are now), every zone is filled with stalled events. Yet we'll have to endure nearly another week of this, during which time I expect even more events to bug out. Why are they letting their game degenerate into a state where it becomes darned-near unplayable? Why are we, as players, forced to resort to trying arcane workarounds to get things moving again?

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Well, this is just the intro. From what we've heard so far, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of storyline happening. If it rolls out similar to Wintersday, it'll be fine. Or maybe if they introduce a few new quests every day or something.

But I still don't want it to be over too quick.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Considering my alternative to this bugged events problem is WoW, where foes just stand there and do nothing... I'd say it's not that bad.

Agreed they need to fix it regardless, but I mean, most events do work as intended... the ones that bug out though are pretty noticeable, but the game is very playable.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    For those still wondering about the whole ascended with laureals CEASAR STYLE BRAH BRAH you will be able to trade laureals for ascended rings and amulets. Backpacks will be enabled in a future update. These ascended items will not have an in-built agony resistance but they can be infused.

Which makes sense because the in-built agony resistance is only usefull when doing high-level fractals, at which point you already got yourself an infused ascended drop from fractals anyway.
    Spy of the GWOnline Guild [GWO] and Plush Griffon Air Marshal of the Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Considering my alternative to this bugged events problem is WoW, where foes just stand there and do nothing... I'd say it's not that bad.
    I don't really want to break your immersion, but I believe I've seen you mention this a few times.

The problem is that many (many) creatures do just stand around waiting for you to come along and kill them.

I can go to Metrica Province, and find one area where there are siamoths standing by the water. What are they doing? Waiting for someone to attack. Or the mosquitoes down the way, that might move back and forth but are always there. Or the veteran troll near those mosquitoes, the one that stands by the fire all the time.

Or you could go to Orr, and see all the Risen that just hang out, drooling on their toes until someone's unlucky enough to get close to them.

I'm happy that GW2 has a lot of actual activity. Some things fight other things (Risen and boars/grubs in Straits of Devastation, for instance). Some things have patrol routes. Some things go kill cute little innocent critters. NPCs have paths and they may not be in the same spot all the time.

But overall, a whole lot of things are just hanging out, waiting for you to kill them.

What does this have to do with Flame and Frost? Well, it's-- look over there, a cup of wild coffee! Quick, after it!