PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guild wars after level 80

Hey there, so finally started playing guild wars 2 (don't know why it took so long) and I'm absolutely loving it. My real question is what is the game at 80 like?

I'm having an absolute blast leveling my character and I'm wondering what is in store for "endgame" content. Are there dungeons that are worth running, is there still benefits to actually explore other then self enjoyment, or is it mostly pvp based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    They're adding some new stuff to make existing content more replayable, like adding special bonuses for certain areas or activities. We don't have much details yet.

Dungeons are fun and worth re-running. They each have several paths you can do, most are very different paths with different foes and bosses. They have unique armors too.

You can do all persistent areas, jumping puzzles, mapping etc for achievements. They're fun to do if you like that kind of stuff. Last monthly included getting to the start of 30 jumping puzzles (doing them was optional).

PvP is fun (I like WvW) but you can access it right away, it's not an endgame thing.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Basically, once you are level 80, the ENTIRE game is open to you. The things you enjoyed doing while leveling up are still there.

Want to go back to a level 1-15 zone to help new players? Go for it! Not only will they appreciate it (hopefully...it IS the internet after all...), but you may get a sense of accomplishment from it.
    Want to go hunt for crafting materials? What you are looking for will determine where you should go.
    Have you killed any of the dragon champions? They give you some (relatively) nice loot after you kill them.
    Dungeons? There are many to choose from.
    WvW? Have fun!
    PvP? If that's your thing.

In the end, simply do whatever it is that you like to do.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    According to Anet, the whole game is the "endgame". As for open-world content, it's basically the same regardless of level. Returning to a lower-level area will downscale you, but you keep certain advantages such as skills and traits. There are extra rewards for map/world completion.

Currently, the open-world content lacks replay value past map completion or farming the daily, but there are some upcoming changes that are supposed to take care of that.

From a PvE point of view, my experience is that people at 80 either farm the dungeons for cash or tokens (armor), or do the fractals for the rewards there. Alternatively, you can roll an alt

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    There's dungeons (Story mode and Explorable mode, multiple paths, rewards tokens that can be exchanged for armour, weapons and whatnot), there's Fractals (it's like a... metadungeon, nice rewards, get progressively harder and harder). You could try your hand at getting a legendary weapon, if you've got the patience for it.

There's generally plenty to do, so long as you're not expecting some sort of liner path pointing towards the supposed 'endgame' content. Find something you like doing, and do it. Pretty much everything rewards something, at least.

There will be updates to the game with some new content soon-ish, we are told. So there's bound to be something to do there too.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I don't think anyone mentioned it in the above replies, but if you adventure in down-scaled areas with your high level character, you will get level specific loot as well as loot fit for the area.

That means you can find rare (and presumably exotic) weapons and armor even in the starter zones that will be appropriate for your own level. So that's an added incentive to go there if that's your thing.

Fractals are a big part of the endgame in my humble opinion :)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I tend to think of fractals as "another dungeon", but that is not accurate because fractals do get progressively harder the more you play it (or rather, you can choose to make it harder) which is something unique to fractals. This makes it the spot by excellence for people who want to really challenge themselves outside sPvP.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    When I hit 80 I started doing fractals and other dungeons more often, and then working on world completion (even though I'm still missing all the wvw bits =[ ) but yeah, I agree with what some folks here are saying, nothing really changes at 80, you can still do the same things you were doing before, and get level-appropriate rewards from running about in lower level areas.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    IMO (PvE-wise) pretty much dungeons, yeah. Hopefully future patches this year will make the whole world exciting to go back to. I was over hyped in my expectations of the game -- as far as being a dynamic changing world. If one likes to make money it will be dungeons, and perhaps farming level 80 zones -- can farm lower level zones if you need crafting materials, etc. but level 80 zones have better drop rates more frequently.
    Last edited by Смерть; 18-01-2013 at 19:44.