Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I downloaded in about 10 minutes...
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Quote Originally Posted by kokabel View Post
    Does this mean only cash shop skins, or all skins via transmute stone? Because if it's the former, eh - but if the latter, then SO MUCH WANT.
    If it's a skin, ie, its sole purpose is a skin, it's not a functional item, then it can be used in pvp. ie, southsun waterbreathers, quaggan backpacks.
    If it's a usable item, ie, you want to wear your Temple karma armor in pvp, then no.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    That xp in old mails was kinda neat.

However! My Pumpkin Carving in the Special Event tab is now on 0, all of a sudden.
    Still got my Master Carver title though.
    I like seeing my bars full.
    Last edited by Karuro; 29-01-2013 at 01:34.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I decided I wanted to check out the changes to Straits of Devastation. Mistake.

I went from Rata Sum to Fort Trinity, at a cost of 3 silver. Not a very high price, I will make more than that just running around. I harvested a cayenne pepper, a mithril node, and a cypress tree... disconnected. When I logged back in, it bounced loading screens back and forth, and I ended up in Rata Sum again with a "The waypoint you chose is now contested, so we bumped you back to annoy you" message. Um, OK. But I lost the silver I spent on waypointing to Fort Trinity (note! never contested waypoint!). I also lost all the things I had gathered.

I tried again. Waypoint to Fort Trinity, but... all the nodes I harvested were still gone. I ran about ten feet further, and disconnected again. Bounced back to Rata Sum, lost the silver for waypoint cost.

I tried going to Sparkfly Fen instead. Ran down into Straits of Devastation, harvested one node, disconnected. Bounced back to Sparkfly.

Just because I'm a masochist, tried again. Wandered down to Straits, went to attack a Risen, disconnected. Fine. Went to the Heart of the Mists (since I had already "spent" plenty on waypoint costs). Went through to Lion's Arch, disconnected.

I'm done. It seems that any map that currently has an overflow is having real problems staying connected. I'll try again later. Or tomorrow. Or something. This is stupid. Grar.

Update to fix disconnect issues has gone up now

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Also combo kills have also been removed from the daily rotation for now, because you had to land a killing blow with a combo, instead of just doing a combo while killing a foe. Slight (but significant) difference.
    LOL what's this a fighting game? Where else would a combo finish gain you extra points? :P

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    I had a friend jump from vistas to kill themself so I could get the last couple of reses for my daily. I wasn't in WvW and wanted to go to bed.
    Last edited by Giggles; 29-01-2013 at 12:22.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    Update to fix disconnect issues has gone up now
    Thankfully, after the patch I didn't have any disconnect issues. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Also combo kills have also been removed from the daily rotation for now, because you had to land a killing blow with a combo, instead of just doing a combo while killing a foe. Slight (but significant) difference.
    Bliss.

According to the forum thread, some of the finishers (like Blast Finishers) weren't properly triggering it. Which explains why I was having so many problems with it, using just a blast finisher.

I like the idea of combos, but given how finicky it was, I'm very happy it's not in the rotation until it's fixed.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I had a friend jump form vistas to kill themself to get the last couple of reses for my daily. I wasn't in WvW and wanted to go to bed.
    Rezzing NPCs also counts. There are lots of places to find dead NPCs in just about every map.

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    The crafting thing is going to encourage me to make food for guildies for wvw, so that's yay. \o/

Or good way to work on your food eating cheevo :3
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::