Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO

Zoo Crew?

Hey :)

With Guild Wars 2 just around the corner, I started wondering what to do with my saturday nights. I mean, I know what to do with my saturday nights, but what I'd rather be doing would be going on grand adventures with my old (and new) buddies from The Zoo Crew.

And since I can't seem to locate the thread in General Discussion where it used to be, this seemed to be a good place to post about it.

I guess part of the fun with the Zoos was doing hard stuff with what a lot of players would perceive as a "gimped" build. That is, one with at least 2 beastmaster skills on the hotbar.

It got a lot easier later when we could just stuff Comfort Animal in a corner and get on with being awesome.

Still, part of the fun was to do crazy stuff and bring a pet. Now, since there's no way that non-primary rangers can do that, I was curious about whether anyone would be up for some ranger gatherings on say Saturdays, around the usual Zoo Crew time?

If so, on what server? (I haven't got the faintest clue how guesting other servers works.)

Phew. That was a lot of words.

Anyway, I thought I'd make a post if for no other reason than to be nostalgic about all the great times I've had with the fantastic people in the Zoo Crew. (and random tagalongs like myself obviously.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    At the moment I am torn between creating a Ranger or a Thief as my medium armor character and I have to admit that I had more fun with the early levels of Thief than with the Ranger. Not to mention that my time is limited and the Elementalist will be the main. I would miss you guys a lot.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Well, as you all should know, my main will be ranger. And I think it would be fun to start fresh in GW2 with the Zoo Crew. We could even start a guild for it!

And Gorani, there are 3 armour types in the game, and 5 character slots. So, what's stopping you from making both a ranger and a thief?

And thanks to the level scaling, the fact that you're not as high level at one point as the rest, shouldn't stop you from joining. There'll also be dungeons for the lower levels (30).
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    And Gorani, there are 3 armour types in the game, and 5 character slots. So, what's stopping you from making both a ranger and a thief?
    Time my dear. I have well-founded doubts, that I can invest as much time in different characters in GW2 as I had in GW1. Slots are not the problem.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I do have a suggestion to make... why not make the zoo crew in GW2 use any kind of pet, be it a ranger pet or a summon. Including racial summons, that means that just about anyone can join in, and as bonus it means we end up getting more diverse pets.

I regret not having managed to join the zoo crew in the past, but I certainly would enjoy such expeditions, and I would detour from my regular activities to join one.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Hmm, that might work...

I definately enjoyed bringing my black widow on my necromancer for the GW (1) gatherings. Pets and summons are not _that_ different in concept I guess. And undead minions do last indefinately now. Or at least until they take enough damage to die.

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Ranger is always my first character.

And Zoo Crew has always been fun.

Count me in .

And I like Alaris' suggestion.

And here's the link to the old thread:
    http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...Zoo-Crew-Unite!

[Edit]
    And here's few words from our green leader (spotted today in GW1 in Zoo Crew guild announcement section):
    "It's been decided! The Zoo Crew's official Guild Wars 2 server will be the Henge of Denravi! Make a ranger as a guest or make it your home server, we will meet in Lion's Arch. Same Zoo Crew time, new Zoo Crew place."
    Last edited by ghosia; 09-08-2012 at 17:43.

Well well well, it's been a while since I've been here it seems. Thank you for updating quickly what we discussed last week at the meeting.

As noted above, I got bossy and decided what server the Zoo Crew will be located on as the Henge of Denravi. I'll make the guild as soon as possible and we'll have our first meeting on the 25th during the head start (joining the guild is not a requirement for adventuring with us, just an option). We'll meet at our usual time (18:00 GMT? Time zones still confuse me) and in Lion's Arch. Just go through the asura gate in your home city and we will all meet at the asura gate nexus there (and probably proceed to find a less crowded meeting spot.) I'll be playing a human ranger named Susie Dear and my account name is releasetheweasel.2345, you can send me a tell or add me to your friends list.

As for what constitutes as a pet, I leave that open to discussion. I know the majority of Zoo Crew faithful will be rolling up rangers anyway simply out of preference. Rangers are awesome.
    Last edited by releasetheweasel; 09-08-2012 at 18:26. Reason: Moar info!

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Well, I will want an invite into the Zoo Crew guild, especially as you can be member of multiple guilds. Will make communications a lot easier!
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    HoD? Sounds good to me. And so does a guild. :)