PC Gaming News
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

Feb 1st WvW reset. Final match of Season 1.

It's Friday, Friday, gotta reset on Friday~

Well it's Friday, which means reset, which means a new week! This week is the final week of what's being called Season One, and the ratings are getting re-jiggled based on the actions of this week. A lot of tiers are gonna be shaken up, and a lot of people are gonna be cranky. Let's see who plays fair, who tries to force themselves into a better position and let's see who gets stomped into chalk dust. (oops)

Server's are getting used to their new members in their forever homes and everyone should be all settled now. It will be interesting to see what guilds jump around from this point on since there's the gem cost associated to it!

Not really much to report on, movers and shakers this week. Tier 1 US was pretty interesting. SoS had a national holiday at the start of the week which left them a few men down, though it looks like they were taking a vacation week that week. Blackgate gave a damn good fight and JQ ended up on top, very nearly with a score that matched the score of the others combined.

What I will say though is that it's a damn shame that Blackgate went down this week all because SoR were super stacked with rating. It kinda blew chunks that they were pretty much knocked out to tier 2 by about Wednesday. BG put up a damn good fight that week, and when it became apparent that no matter what they did they would be knocked out they seemed to have lost their spark. It was lovely having you in tier 1 BG, though [HB] scare the crap out of me, so gg.

But things like this are the exact reason why a ladder reset was called for. Ho hum!

Speaking of resets. The Matchups page ( http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA ) has the predictions for next week up at the bottom of the page. HOWEVER this will pretty much change every couple of hours throughout the whole week, also the guy running the site isn't quite sure how ANet's changing things up completely, so it may be a little off, though it's a good a starting place at any. Some pretty hilarious matchups in that bunch though I must say. Though poor little SBI right at the bottom :( I do genuinely feel bad for you guys

If you see any totally crazy and hilarious potential matchups, feel free to discuss below :D

I wish I could say more about what was going on across the board, but really, when the news came about the ladder reset, that pretty much became THE topic and a lot of servers either packed their bags and waited or just carried on playing regardless.

Let's see what the week brings and hope that the predictions are too mind bogglingly crazy next week.

So! How did your server(s) do this season? Inspired you to get more involved? Running away screaming from the game type?

Game on!
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Pretty intense so far. Full queues on all maps and when I finally got it in the map was an absolute mess with the wrong colors holding all sorts of things, including keeps, yet relative equity. Great fight. BG is pulling out to a quick lead, though, as expected.

Edit to add: I have some big concerns about FAs coverage. I think there is a big difference between coverage on the 1-2 tiers and 3 tier, and that is the single, solitary difference. I'm really curious what kind of morale test T2 gives us. I think the "Fort Janthir" team should hold fairly strong bit I doubt our progression from rank9. I might stay up later than usual tonight trying to inspire some morale...
    Last edited by Fluffball; 02-02-2013 at 05:59.

Oh thank god, we managed to get piledrived so hard by SoR last week that SBI dropped below Kaineng on their way up. That'll save an extra week of face stomping before stabilizing.

Achievements:
    10 Posts1 year registered1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

Veritas Invictus
    I'm on Kaineng and I have no idea how it happened, but when I got in 1 hour after the reset we were holding Stonemist Castle in EB, and at that only Stonemist. The rest of the map was 2/3 Dragonbrand, 1/3 Maguuma. Really strange situation, and it continued like that for almost an hour, no idea how they held that out for so long.
    We eventually took our own part of the map back, and even though for the first three hours after the reset we were last (as we are most of the time) our superior coverage got us back to dominating our matchup.

The way it looks like now, the new Tier 1 will be made up of Kaineng, Ehmry Bay and Sorrow's Furnace. Interesting matchup. Also crazy because Sorrow's Furnace is in the former last tier and will now move up to battle Kaineng... While the previous Tier 1 which is fairly close matched will likely drop down tier 3/4 because they're so close together.

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

It will be fun watching the mid/low tiers get catapulted to the top tiers for a short time. I'm looking forward to that!

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Haven't been on much the last few days. I tried going to WvW to get a few events in on Friday or Thursday night and it was dead. Couldn't believe it, it was so unusual. I guess now I know why.

With the ladder reset it will be very interesting to see how things fall out. Good luck everyone.

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Disclaimer: using the old maths behind the ratings. We still don't know the new ratings. "Predictions" for next week.

Tier 3: anvil rock vs borlis pass vs JQ
    Tier 4: yaks bend vs SoS vs SoR.

ouch :x.