PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Server

Emhry Bay
    Guild

G1: The Nightforce, GW2:Bestial Menace

What Races would you like to see that isnt playable?

We already can play the infamous Charr, the Norn, the Asura, the Sylvari, And of course Humans, but is there any kind of race you would like to see as playable?

Tengu maybe? Naga like race? Or maybe a new race yet to be discovered?

Feel free to post your thoughts on what Race you would like to see and why.
    Last edited by mnwolfboy; 30-08-2012 at 10:21.

Server

Emhry Bay
    Guild

G1: The Nightforce, GW2:Bestial Menace
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Tengu avian race as playable or something similar. They always seemed a bit interesting next to Charr for me.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Definitely the Tengu, if I had to chose just one.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Easily my first choice would be the race of Rock Beetles, Madness Titans, etc. I want to play a squeaky little spherical insect thing; I imagine they have a wealth of culture and history hidden behind those adorable noises.

Or Tengu. Probably Tengu.

Mursaat, undead, ghost, Abbadon's race whatchamacallit!!

Tapatalking

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    After meeting the Tengu in GW2 with their redesigned looks: Tengu. Without a doubt. They look so awesome and would fit with the other five races.

Quaggans would be cute but they're a lesser race and I don't think they're intelligent enough. Plus, I would prefer if ArenaNet didn't mess with them. Quaggans are awesome and should stay as they are.

EDIT: I don't see any Naga doing jumping puzzles.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Daggers View Post
    After meeting the Tengu in GW2 with their redesigned looks: Tengu. Without a doubt. They look so awesome and would fit with the other five races.

Quaggans would be cute but they're a lesser race and I don't think they're intelligent enough. Plus, I would prefer if ArenaNet didn't mess with them. Quaggans are awesome and should stay as they are.

EDIT: I don't see any Naga doing jumping puzzles.
    Well, I don't see me doing jumping puzzles either...

Hmm, Tengu (haven't seen them yet in GW2, but I"ll believe Guided Daggers there) would be fun. But I'd love to be able to play a centaur...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Tengu and Centaur. If you're looking for Tengu, there are a few in LA. The 'lesser' races are interesting, but I don't think they'd work well as playable...yet.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I want really weird races. We have 2.5 human races, 1 cat race, 1 mole race. I was stuff like elementals, shapeshifters, bugs.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Tengu are the clear choice for a Cantha-based expansion. Apart from that, I think there's not a whole lot viable player races.

Also thinking about new professions, I fear the weapon system has locked a.net in. Adding a single weapon is virtually impossible because only a certain set of classes would gain 5 skills, yet leaving it to the new profession would be stupid too. Adding two weapons would have to split the current classes 50/50 which would force lore into game design. In my opinion all classes should have access to all weapons and for expansions that might become a necessity.