Hybrid View

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE

Torch?

Originally, I was all about the gun offhand. But, having learned the awesomeness that is Phantasmal Warden, I converted to Focus (plus, I love the skin from the HoM).

Today, I found a torch and equipped it because I forgot what the skill were. Now, I love confusion - reminds me of my Dom build in GW1. Does anyone use torch for this purpose? What I had been doing was create three clones, then drop a Feedback bubble (if in a group), use Confusing Images while shattering the three clones. I've managed to stack over 25 confusion this way, if the group is using enough ranged.

On my own, of course, that's only 6 confusion. Not too bad, but with Torch, I could get up to 9 if I time it right. Send clones in for shatter, hit Confusing Images, when clones are shattered, use Phantasmal Mage.

Or is it just not worth it because of the recharge or time between its casts?
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

I'm planning on playing some with the torch since I think it has possibilities but I haven't done much with it yet. The phantasm attacks fairly often so not bad.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'm not a fan of the prestige, which is why I haven't used that weapon. I'd opt for having two good skills you use instead of just one.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Well, I don't find Temporal Curtain all that useful, at least not in combat.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    The curtain not so much, but you can blow it up for a different effect... so double-tapping the skill can be more useful.

Still, I prefer sword or pistol offhand.
    == Alaris & clone ==

I would never go in to WvW without a focus. For PvE I use the curtain as an interrupt. Also the warden spews chaos bolts if you put her in a chaos field, but it's pretty random where they go.

That was all about the focus when you asked about the torch though.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I've been using the Torch since I started this thread and I love it. The Prestige isn't the BEST skill in the world, but blindness comes in handy and burning is always nice. I use it a lot to interrupt the massive amount of clones produced by Ether Bolt. Also, traits can make it even better to remove conditions, add a boon, or even cause confusion (which could actually help my build, though I don't know if it's worth the slot).

Ideally, I use the above strategy to stack Confusion (which works really well - in a good group, I got to 30 momentarily ) I'll try to interrupt Ether Clone every time. Then I'll use Confusing Images once more before switching back to Greatsword and making two more clones. (Interrupting Ether Clone allows me to use Mirror Images without the Phantasmal Mage being auto-shattered.)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'd probably use torch more often if when I got out of stealth early, it would trigger the burn. At the moment, if you get out of stealth early, the burn does not trigger...
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    I used the torch for a really long time. But, I couldn't find a skin that I liked (I did like how it lit up things though) so I'm using a focus now that's pretty close to the old chakrams in style. I mainly use the what'cha'ma'call it skill defensively. Like pulling people away from me or to escape. I like running away.