GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

WvW Rankings, Feb 22nd 2013

I Really don't have a lot to say about this past week, since I was either preparing to travel, traveling, or recovering from traveling for pretty much all of it. But do have things for next week! (*points at SoS*) So I'll just leave the pretty pictures and you can discuss amongst yourselves.

:: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Everything in NA deltas is so... yellow...

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Sure is. And if you look at the numbers, you can see that there probably won't be much change next week, with those differences in points.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    The way I understand it there is quite the chance that we in the next couple of weeks with have a swap of Blackgate and SoS. But it is quite interesting to see the extreme stability of the NA cluster this week. I guess the great shuffle settled down faster than one would think.

I also read something about the NA bottom tiers being a total mess with current rules. As in the rating gap becomes artificially big due to the (lack of) competition, so it becomes an extremely slow process to claw one's way up, or dropping from the second last to the last tier. Leading to week after week of complete domination and still no tier change. Great fun for everyone involved..not.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

if only we had some form of reset. maybe of the ratings. hmmmmmmm.......
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Resets only, well, reset the same system again though. One would still end up with the bottom tier problems. I would instead like to see some kind of handicap, or at the very least use algorithms giving more volatility, in the bottom (and maybe also top) tiers.

Maybe one could have a "mercenary" system, where crews from other servers could help out losing servers for a bounty under certain conditions. Imagine (from the top of my head, probably not even a little doable, but could be fun and help mix things up a bit):

- If you are a commander from a server with an "X%" lead in your current match, you can get a squad together and take up mercenary contracts from another server (not in your current matchup) that is currently losing by "X%". The contract would be limited to let's say 3 hours tops. After the mercenary contract is done, you get "Y reward" (gold, karma, badges?) based on the number of points the recieving server gained during this period. The contracts could be limited in number too so that winning servers are not completely drained of commanders going after contracts.
    Last edited by Lensor; 26-02-2013 at 13:51.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

I'm not entirely sure how the ranking works but I believe we (FA) need to come in first in T2 in order to STAY in T2. Which is stupid if that's right. It may not matter since we are making slow but steady progress towards first. Fun match up whatever happens and I think thousands of players across 6 or 7 servers will be annoyed if FA drops back down to T3 to hold people in their spawn points for 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    Fun match up whatever happens and I think thousands of players across 6 or 7 servers will be annoyed if FA drops back down to T3 to hold people in their spawn points for 2 weeks.
    Oh please no! I hated being in T3! Barely any good fights there whereas T2 is full of them. I really hope that we do well enough to stay in T2.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSpoon View Post
    Oh please no! I hated being in T3! Barely any good fights there whereas T2 is full of them. I really hope that we do well enough to stay in T2.
    Agreed, T2 is a blast. SoS needs to go away, TC come back up and us stay here. It may happen, we have a decent lead in 1st place at the moment.

Yeah, from what I've seen, SoS is mostly has the numbers, but they aren't organized. And I'm glad to hear we took 1st from Kaineng.