PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i do find the dagger off-hand skill (#5) to be useless, it's a pretty good escape skill but it's the most expensive in the set.
    when you want to escape it's mostly because you're out of initiative, this baby costs 6 initiative and barely does anything.
    i am currently playing with sword+dagger and pistol+pistol, loving the escape tactic with skill #2 combined with skill #3.
    bash around and the enemy can't even hit me, if skill #5 would've bin better and not so expensive i would actually use it but for now it's a dead skill slot.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

This should probably be a new topic but C+D does the most damage per initiative use and then sets up the coming-out-of-stealth attack of your choice, which is obviously gargantuan damage. Most thieves ONLY use skill 5. And heartseeker spam when the target is nearly dead of course.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I just realized that skill #5 of dagger inflicts vulnerability for 3sec while it cloaks you for the same time. WHY?

I guess it works though if while cloaked you do one of those stealth attacks that does extra damage. 3sec might be enough to try and flank as well for even more damage.

edit: what Fluffball said.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

If you backstab for 9k, that vulnerability alone adds 270 damage, which is pretty significant, especially considering that applies to every single person who hits your target. That would apply to a PvE boss just as much as a WvW/PvP target.
    Last edited by Fluffball; 04-08-2013 at 06:37.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    yeah but plenty of PvE mobs don't have a backside, i tried to do backstab on a wurm and it just did the normal attack.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054