PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i do find the dagger off-hand skill (#5) to be useless, it's a pretty good escape skill but it's the most expensive in the set.
    when you want to escape it's mostly because you're out of initiative, this baby costs 6 initiative and barely does anything.
    i am currently playing with sword+dagger and pistol+pistol, loving the escape tactic with skill #2 combined with skill #3.
    bash around and the enemy can't even hit me, if skill #5 would've bin better and not so expensive i would actually use it but for now it's a dead skill slot.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

This should probably be a new topic but C+D does the most damage per initiative use and then sets up the coming-out-of-stealth attack of your choice, which is obviously gargantuan damage. Most thieves ONLY use skill 5. And heartseeker spam when the target is nearly dead of course.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I just realized that skill #5 of dagger inflicts vulnerability for 3sec while it cloaks you for the same time. WHY?

I guess it works though if while cloaked you do one of those stealth attacks that does extra damage. 3sec might be enough to try and flank as well for even more damage.

edit: what Fluffball said.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

If you backstab for 9k, that vulnerability alone adds 270 damage, which is pretty significant, especially considering that applies to every single person who hits your target. That would apply to a PvE boss just as much as a WvW/PvP target.
    Last edited by Fluffball; 04-08-2013 at 07:37.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    yeah but plenty of PvE mobs don't have a backside, i tried to do backstab on a wurm and it just did the normal attack.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Got around to finishing the game with thief, and playing WvW when I feel like it. Did a few dungeons too.

I... don't suck at it as much as I thought. Part of it is stronger armor, and learning to stay out of enemy range. I still don't use stealth* or stealing much at all... never been my thing.

*Aside for mass stealth to run past foes in dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Got around to finishing the game with thief, and playing WvW when I feel like it. Did a few dungeons too.

I... don't suck at it as much as I thought. Part of it is stronger armor, and learning to stay out of enemy range. I still don't use stealth* or stealing much at all... never been my thing.

*Aside for mass stealth to run past foes in dungeons.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    still can't stand the thief, can't wait for an adrenaline based assassin.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I do want more professions...

Though personally I would love to see an adventurer that is magical in nature, and a scholar is that physical in nature. Only the heavy class has both a physical option and a magical option.

- - - Updated - - -

I do want more professions...

Though personally I would love to see an adventurer that is magical in nature, and a scholar is that physical in nature. Only the heavy class has both a physical option and a magical option.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I can't really think of anything outside of a "martial artist" type of class that would make sense as a physical scholar. Could be interesting, but they'd probably need to add some fist-based weapon. Maybe knuckles or magic crystals that float around the hands or something.

Would probably be hard to make them fit with some of the gloves already in the game though, might have to replace the glove models when equipped.

Staff would also be a logical weapon choice. Could use them for melee attacks instead of casting. But it would probably look ridiculous with some of the staff skins in the game. Might have to create yet another weapon type for melee staves.

Their special class-ability could be a bunch of different stances affecting their weapon skills and granting some minor passive bonuses, although that could make them too similar to the elementalists with their attunements. I really doubt Anet will ever add a class like this.

Personally I'd rather see a third heavy profession, but I have no idea what it could be. And now I've veered completely off-topic. Hurray.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    A physical scholar could be someone who uses technology. Golemancer would fit the bill imo, but also chronomancer if they used gadgets rather than spells... engineer would have been a good choice too if it had been light armor.

3rd heavy profession I would like to see is something that has something like what elementalist / engineer have... ways to swap between more weapon skills. I figured a good idea would be to have something like elementalist attunements, except you don't change the skills, it only modifies them. For example, each skill would have its own effect, plus would have one of four extra effects applied depending on your attunement. So a sword stab would do damage, but it could also either inflict bleeding, life steal, blind, or cripple. This would be fun because the attunements would give flavor without changing the whole skill set, and you could balance that easier with having a large number of weapon choices and keep the weapon swap.

- - - Updated - - -

A physical scholar could be someone who uses technology. Golemancer would fit the bill imo, but also chronomancer if they used gadgets rather than spells... engineer would have been a good choice too if it had been light armor.

3rd heavy profession I would like to see is something that has something like what elementalist / engineer have... ways to swap between more weapon skills. I figured a good idea would be to have something like elementalist attunements, except you don't change the skills, it only modifies them. For example, each skill would have its own effect, plus would have one of four extra effects applied depending on your attunement. So a sword stab would do damage, but it could also either inflict bleeding, life steal, blind, or cripple. This would be fun because the attunements would give flavor without changing the whole skill set, and you could balance that easier with having a large number of weapon choices and keep the weapon swap.
    == Alaris & clone ==