Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    good defensive tactics abilities
    I was more thinking in the line of: Dolyak Mastery (e.g. speed buffs duration increased, speed buffs applied also add regeneration or protection); Wall Mastery (e.g. fighting from the top of walls lets you gain 200 range with hand held ranged weapons; gain protection while fighting on walls, if you loose more than 25% health in a single attack; gain stability when hit by siege weapons)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I tend to prefer builds that have a good balance between defense and offense... I don't really enjoy the 'tag you're dead' gameplay, even if it might be useful.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

That's probably a personality trait that drives me to be out capping camps solo and you to prefer zergs. It really gets my adrenaline flowing when I manage to ambush someone, or even getting ambushed. You don't even know someone is there and then all the sudden WHAM. And it feels really good to hit that evade (I love my s/d on ranger) right as someone goes to hit you with something you know would have killed you.

Just a silly video game, but it gets my heart pumping! Those types of fights actually remind me a lot of why I love boxing and Muay Thai, it feels awesome to slip someone's KO blow and they just whiff completely. You almost died!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I prefer that adrenaline shot in sPvP, where team sizes are well controlled. WvW feels so much of a numbers game that I feel the outcome of roaming is too dependent on luck rather than skill.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Zergs can't catch you unless you are taken completely by surprise; all the popular roaming builds styles have strong escape mechanisms built in. And if they do waste time chasing you down, you're contributing a disproportionate amount to your team by keep 50 enemies occupied.

I don't get adrenaline rushes from sPvP where you know exactly where people are going to be. 99% of fights are on points, the maps are small, there are only 5 or 8 enemies all together and most of them don't do any damage. It's different than attacking the far north camp on an enemy borderlands, knowing at any time you might have a couple berserker thieves sneak up behind you.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Well, I just explained from my perspective what gets my adrenaline going.

I have to admit, I am not the best at running away, that could be part of it. Even on thief, zergs catch me. And I find no satisfaction knowing I delayed 50 people, even if that is useful to our side.

The adrenaline rush in sPvP comes from fights where you know your personal skill is what makes you win or lose. Fights are also regularly occurring, instead of running long durations before getting into a fight. I love WvW too, but I play it differently. Mind you, I did join small teams a few times, and it was fun too. Solo is not my thing. I am glad others find it fun though, it takes different group sizes for a game mode like WvW to function best.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2804301

New dev video about Supply & Treb Mastery (+ a very few bits about the things from last time Burning Oil, Mortal & Catapult).
    We also get a glimpse at Reinforcement Mastery (a defensive one, finally) and Ram Mastery as they are in Hugh's list of abilities.
    Hugh also shows one of 5 spots for the new "orb mechanic", that will replace the Quaggans in the borderlands (= conquer & hold 3 out of 5 spots around the lake for a buff).
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    FYI

When the new league system starts with the next update, Anet will reset our WvW ability points & not introduce new abilities until the league is over.