PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I know, just hammering home the point that you can do anything in game for basically free. As we've already seen in this thread it's easy to spend 300 gold or whatever on things that need'nt be that expensive. (And I did spend 144 gold on my backpiece but I like the way it looks. I'm a ranger I want some arrows!)

Well especially the full agony resist backpiece is very expensive, along with those upgraded rings. And upgrading them is very unintuitive. You're basically required to read the wiki to find out how to craft them.

For the backpiece, you first go to that golem BUY-4373 in the Fractal hub, and get a Prototype Fractal Capacitor for 1,350 Fractal Relics + 500 Fractal Relics for a Gift of Ascension.

Next you have to upgraded it, by throwing it into the mystic forge, along with:

1 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence, 1 Gift of Ascension, 240 Philosopher's Stones (for the defensive version)

OR

1 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence, 1 Gift of Ascension, 40 Crystals (for the offensive version)

This gives you the Prototype Fractal Capacitor (Ascended), which has a +5 agony resistance infusion slot.
    But you're not done yet. Because you have to upgrade it again, to get it up to +10 AR. Throw it into the mystic forge again, along with:

1 Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence, 1 Gift of Ascension, 250 Glob of Ectoplasm
    (Yes, it is hella expensive)

Now you'll have the Beta Fractal Capacitor (Infused). But that's not the end of it. If you also want it to look fancy, throw it into the forge again, along with:

1 Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence, 1 Gift of Ascension, 250 Glob of Ectoplasm (Yes, they are just trying to make this as grindy as possible)

Now you'll have the final product, the Fractal Capacitor (Infused). And the fact that this process is so complicated, and the names of the various versions of the backpiece are so alike, confuses everyone that has to craft one.

Rob you went the cheap way compared to what I did. I really wanted a quiver on my back since I'm a ranger.

1 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence
    240 Philosopher's Stone
    50 Glob of Ectoplasm
    250 Vial of Powerful Blood

and then to infuse:

1 Glob of Coagulated Mists
    1 Gift of Ascension
    250 Glob of Ectoplasm
    1 Quiver of Swift Flight

Total cost of about 144 gold, i.e., everything I had and then some.

Edit: I just realized I started off with pretty significant stacks of blood and ectos. The actual price was WAY higher.
    Last edited by Fluffball; 03-08-2013 at 19:44.

That is insane! Those blood vials are extremely expensive right now. I think everyone uses them for their legendaries.

Ya it was ridiculously expensive but I can't afford a legendary, so I figured I might as well get the backpiece I wanted.

A little OT but can you upgrade yor back piece?I picked the first one out of 3 when it came up in the story?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    A little OT but can you upgrade yor back piece?I picked the first one out of 3 when it came up in the story?
    They are handing out ascended in the story these days?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    Yes, but not with Infusions (=> Agony resistance). Back items accept all upgrades that work on other trinkets as well. Beware of the level requirement of the back item, which sometimes prevents better upgrades.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Well, as we can now add ascended weapons to the list... two additional slots (1 on each weapon when dual-wielding, 2 on a 2handed weapon), the new max total is 55? At least until they add the ascended armor...