PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'd like to know strategies for the necromancer. So far what I've tried is using Spectral Grasp to pull the clones into the vortexes, which works okay for one clone, but then it is on recharge for most of the fight. I've also got that signet equipped for the passive speed boost, and well of power to cleans cripples.

But once phase 2 hits, it really becomes hard. Liadri is often grouped up with a bunch of her clones, making targeting very difficult. Even with T to target, because you're kind of forced to keep moving, and your camera won't be looking at her most of the time (and targeting fails if you can't see the target). I've seen videos of people using Lich Form to DPS her to death, but I instantly get crippled in Lich Form (which is already slow), and it becomes a death sentence. I can't go into close combat with her, because she'll always be surrounded by her insta-kill clones in phase 2.

I suppose I could drop a well of darkness on top of her, but would I be able to DPS her to death before the blind wears off? I doubt it, and then it's instant death by clone.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    actually TBH you are not using the necro right if you need to target, wells and marks don't need a target to work, just an enemy to trigger them.
    also, wells can be used both on the spot and as a combo move, well of power for instance steals health when you attack in it.
    i have to be fair that it's a pain when you have to switch weapons because of the recharge time, you can fix this by placing the marks and wells appropriately and switch to death shroud to life steal the whole group.
    when i have a tough enemy to deal with, i first place my marks and switch to dagger/horn, use #5 and then #1 to do massive damage both on the target and everyone around me.

i can understand the pain of targetting, when enemies are getting chaotic like there it's just a mess to target correctly.
    got this sometimes with dredge, at times they call backup and it just frustrates me to no end, they are even immune to blindness to top it of. >_<

to answer your question rob, DPS only works for the necro if the enemy isn't attack you directly, well of darkness does work well (no pun intended) but it's more a question of when.
    for instance a good strategy would be to use well of blindness and well of corruption after that, dodge out of range and nuke marks.
    this will reduce the chance of you being targetted at all and it plants a good DPS, it's not the meta best way but it's the safest for sure.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    But once phase 2 hits, it really becomes hard. Liadri is often grouped up with a bunch of her clones, making targeting very difficult. Even with T to target, because you're kind of forced to keep moving, and your camera won't be looking at her most of the time (and targeting fails if you can't see the target).
    You have to strafe-run so your weapon can keep hitting her. It's difficult to explain, but it's something like using W + A or D while holding down the right mouse button, being slightly turned in her direction to still hit her with auto-attack. You can practice this on regular mobs to see how it works. If you turn your back to her, obviously you'll stop attacking. That's not what you want

(The 2nd video guide with the rifle-warrior displays the mechanism quite nicely)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    I've seen videos of people using Lich Form to DPS her to death, but I instantly get crippled in Lich Form (which is already slow), and it becomes a death sentence. I can't go into close combat with her, because she'll always be surrounded by her insta-kill clones in phase 2.
    Not sure if you've already seen this one, but he places the ground targeting skills in front of him so Liadri will simply run into them while following you. I think this is also what sorudo mentioned.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    So. Will the gauntlet be recurring so we an finish up the Achievement lines in it next year? I had all except the last two of this lady. I hoped to get that mini.
    Last edited by Смерть; 20-08-2013 at 18:11.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Gauntlet is finishing already?

Well, I sort of gave up on Liandri and played Mark of the Ninja instead... I was not that motivated to bring her down just for a mini and personal pride.

Yay new content!
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Смерть View Post
    So. Will the gauntlet be recurring so we an finish up the Achievement lines in it next year? I had all except the last two of this lady. I hoped to get that mini.
    The gauntlet will close on September 3rd.

However, with todays update, you will have to complete the LS emissary storyline before you can re-enter it

But the good news is that you'll still have time to complete the missing stuff