PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    my necro used both a staff and daggers, so i can do both in one go.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I just got in to do the last achievement I needed, and got a competent group.

The whole thing went super-fast, everyone knew their role, it was close to flawless. We've had a few deaths to rez from, but no wipes. We didn't get the grounded achievement for those who needed it because of a bad spawn.

Overall I'd say this dungeon can be improved, but it's actually pretty fun and well-designed. I think it's easy to feel frustrated if you fail at first, but getting good at it changes your perspective. The fights remain challenging, but there's little or no frustration associated with them. If you go down, it's usually your own fault.

Case in point, the big boss attacks at the end, he triggered it only once because we were good at luring the holos. He almost triggered it a second time but we hit a holo just in time, and someone said "lucky holo". Meaning, we know by now how to avoid the big attack, and we as a group knew it was about to go off and we avoided it just in time.

But I understand that with so many new game mechanics, it's hard to tell what is avoidable from what is buggy or bad design.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    well i knew when to dodge from the get go, i have a neck on grasping the situation fast, it's just that the gears are always on places that it makes dodging a hard thing to do.
    9/10X you are out of endurance when a gear falls on you, not every gear can be seen from point one and many times you're more focusing on getting out of range rather where the gears are placed.

and yes, if you do something over and over again it becomes easier, even with bad designed events and glitch situations eventually you grow to outsmart them.
    that doesn't make it less a flaw, that simply makes it less a problem for the given player.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    It would be more of a flaw if it would be the kind of punishment you can't learn to avoid.

So yes, that you can outsmart a flaw does make it less of a flaw.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    10 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registeredSocialVeteran
    Server

Aurora Glade (AG)
    Guild

GW1: The Order of Dii [Dii]; GW2: GW Online [GWO]
    Well, it's moot. The final boss cannot be defeated. Anet needs to patch this before it goes byebye

One of the worst things about GW2's combat system, is the need to stay on the move, while having to face your enemy in order to attack him. It causes all sorts of problems, where the game constantly deselects your target, or you can't see where you're going. I've been killed several times during the final battle, just because I had to run away from the boss while facing him, and ran straight into a cog I couldn't see coming. This is the sort of thing that pisses me off.

Keep in mind that in order to have any battle awareness in GW2 at all, you pretty much have to constantly hold down right mouse button to turn your camera in the right direction. In any other action game the game would do this for you, but not in GW2. If this were God of War on the Playstation, I would have no problem what so ever. The game would always target the boss correctly, the camera would always point the right way, and I would never get killed by something I didn't see coming. I might just have to install Combat Mode (third party software) to make this game playable.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrimfrost View Post
    Well, it's moot. The final boss cannot be defeated. Anet needs to patch this before it goes byebye
    I've personally defeated it 5 times. Out of 6 tries. With PUGs mostly. There were some failures, we regrouped, and we kicked derriere.

It's tough. But it's far from undefeatable. In fact, I'd had bigger challenges in my GW2 time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    (...)
    These are valid criticisms.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    if GW2 had a more TERA or raiderZ kind of battle system in that you can dodge and move while attacking your foes, being able to use the mouse to attack instead of simply pressing 1, would make the game more immerse and rewards you with a more engaging fight overall.
    also, targets should simply not be de-sellected, it's one of the many flaws GW2 has.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Having spent time trying the Gauntlet, I can certainly agree that the GW2 combat system can be (and should be) much improved.

It was frustrating to be losing to that last boss in large part because of the camera not showing me what I need to see, targeting being sub-par when I was switching between the orb and her clones and back to her, and controls being clumsy for such a demanding fight.

But those are problems with the game, not specific to the dungeon. And yes, they really should fix those problems if they want to improve the experience for serious gamers. I feel the controls/camera are adequate for casual gaming, but are severely lacking when it comes to pushing the player to higher difficulty levels.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    it's not good for casual gaming ether, i am as casual as you can get and i find it frustrating to no end, especially the de-sellect part.

sorudo.9054